20 Reasons to Celebrate Turning 30
I'm turning 30 tomorrow, and though I've done a good job of hiding it, I've definitely had my share of freakout moments about this fact.
But what I've come to realize is that even though I'll miss my twenties, I have a lot to look forward to in my thirties. There is definitely reason to celebrate this new stage of life, and here's why.
20 Reasons to Celebrate Turning 30
1. You've pretty much mastered the basics in life. You know how to clean your house in an efficient manner, keep up on car maintenance, pay bills, etc. This means less time figuring out that stuff and more time doing what you like.
2. You know how to manage your time. It's just a skill that most of us pick up along the way from being busy and living life.
3. You care less about what people think. This means that you get to define success on your own terms and go for it.
4. You know what good friendship is. After turning 30, you spend less time on the people who are not good for you, and more time on the friends who are there for you when you need it.
5. You know life truths that younger people don't. They may think you're cynical, but you know that you're just being realistic.
6. You're more creative. At the very least, you're more productive with that creativity. Most scientists, artists, musicians, etc., make their biggest breakthroughs in their late 30s or early 40s.
7. You know what you like. You've had enough time to try different things in life, and now you know more about your likes and dislikes.
8. You know who you are. You've had to time to figure out more about yourself and your place in this world, as well as how to make the best of it.
9. You don't take life for granted. You have friends who've gone to war; You've experienced sickness, sadness, and death. You know that life is fleeting, and you're more likely to appreciate life for what it is.
10. You're full of experiential knowledge. You have an expertise and understanding of many things in life that you didn't have before.
11. You can focus on healthier habits. Your body IS getting older, and telling you to take better care of it, which is great motivation to pick up healthier habits and let go of bad ones.
12. You understand the eb and flow of life. You know that good and bad times will both come and go, and that there's plenty of truth to the saying, “this too shall pass”.
13. You don't sweat the small stuff. You've learned not to waste your energy on things that don't matter in the long run.
14. You don't pet the sweaty stuff. No seriously, for the most part you know that certain situations are just not worth getting involved.
15. You don't have to feel old. I've lost weight and started taking better care of my body. I feel better at 30 than I did in my mid-twenties, and you can, too.
16. You can still try new things. What's even better is that you care less about how “cool” it makes you look, so you can enjoy it as well.
17. If you're single, you can date younger or older. Your significant other can be in their twenties or thirties and it's okay either way.
18. You're more confident. Because you know more about who you are, what you like, and you have more experience, you can be more confident about yourself and your life choices. Flaunt that confidence for all to see. It's attractive and addictive.
19. You can cook a decent meal. You may not be a culinary genius, but you probably have a few tricks up your sleeve and a few signature dishes in the kitchen.
20. You realize nobody has it all figured out. We're all winging it, and that's okay.
The moral of the story is this: Stop worrying about turning 30 and start enjoying it!
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- Why Pickup Lines Don't Work (And What To Do Instead) - June 19, 2019
- How to Make Homemade Fruit Leather (Without a Dehydrator) - June 17, 2019
- 40 Plant Based Vegan BBQ Recipes for Every Summer Gathering - June 10, 2019