Best Detox Smoothies for Weight Loss
Weight loss can be tricky. If you are having trouble losing weight or your weight loss has stalled, it may be time to try something different.
Detoxing your body can naturally boost your weight loss. Improved liver function and gut health allows your body to get rid of waste and toxins easier, and can have a positive effect on your metabolism.
Why not try incorporating detox smoothies into your daily nutrition plan? They can give you a boost of energy and support your weight loss goals.
Tips for Making a Great Smoothie
First, I want to share some tips with you for making a great smoothie.
These recipes are just a jumping off point for learning how to make your own detox smoothies for weight loss. Smoothies are incredibly easy to customize, so feel free to try out your own ingredients.
Favorite Smoothie-Making Accessories:
- Mason jar mugs (get them here)
- Stainless steel straws (get them here)
- Quality Blender (I use the Ninja, but if you want top-knotch, go for the Vitamix)
Top 5 Smoothie Tricks:
5. Rinse out your blender immediately so you don’t have to scrub it later.
4. Add plain yogurt, oatmeal or peanut butter to turn your smoothie into a meal and a complete protein source.
2. Add broccoli, spinach, or kale. You’ll add vital nutrients and you won’t even taste it!
1. Layer the softest ingredients (banana) to hardest (frozen), add the liquid last.
Best Detox Smoothies for Weight Loss
Lemon and lime juice, ginger, kombucha, kale, and spinach. All of these ingredients have something in common.
They detox your body.
Need a quick and easy recipe that will detox you from your not-so-healthy winter eating habits?
This Easy Green Detox Smoothie is the perfect balance of sweetness and detoxifying ingredients, including lime juice, pineapple, and spinach.
2. Better Than Water Morning Tonic
It's not technically a smoothie, but this Better Than Water Morning Tonic has a strong detoxifying effect.
Drink it in the morning on an empty to boost your detox, or sip on it throughout the day. The benefit of this detoxifying drink is it's live cultures, which promote gut health and liver detox.
3. Double Duty Detox Smoothie
This Double Duty Detox Smoothie is a unique smoothie recipe that I love.
It's full of antioxidants and features an ingredient that I'm very passionate about: Kombucha! If you don't already know, Kombucha is full of probiotics and has a strong detoxifying effect on the body.
4. Green Vegetable Smoothie Bowl
Although it's one of the more complicated smoothie recipes on this list, the Green Vegetable Smoothie Bowl is also the most packed with detoxifying vegetables.
It's a little thicker than your average smoothie, which is why it is better eaten in a bowl. It makes for a balanced and filling meal for breakfast!
5. Probiotic Pina Colada
If you like pina coladas, you're in for a treat with this Probiotic Pina Colada recipe.
Featuring pineapple kombucha and yogurt, it's full of probiotics that will detox your gut and your liver.
6. The Spring Cleaner Smoothie
If you like coconut, you'll love the Spring Cleaner Smoothie. This smoothie recipe relies on kale for it's detox effects. Kale is notorious for detoxifying the liver.
Like most detox smoothies, this one is packed full of vitamins and nutrients as well.
Which of these detox smoothies for weight loss do you think you would enjoy the most?
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- Why Pickup Lines Don't Work (And What To Do Instead) - June 19, 2019
- How to Make Homemade Fruit Leather (Without a Dehydrator) - June 17, 2019
- 40 Plant Based Vegan BBQ Recipes for Every Summer Gathering - June 10, 2019