Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
This recipe is a breakfast delight when shared with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 well rounded tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- 2 eggs slightly beaten (fresh farm organic eggs)
- 1 cup of fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup organic canola oil
- 2 cups organic apples peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. all purpose unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted real butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. My batter made 20 muffins. I use paper liners in my muffin pans.
In a large bowl use a wire whisk to mix together all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, pumpkin, and oil. Add your pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until well moistened. Fold in your apples.
Now you're ready to spoon the batter into your muffin cups.
To make the topping mix together in a small bowl all the ingredients. I use a fork and mix it until it is all crumbly. Sprinkle it on top of the batter evenly in each cup.
Baking time is around 35 to 40 minutes depending on your oven. Check it with a toothpick in the center to make sure it comes out clean.