Quick and Easy Mexican Rice with Ground Beef
Do you need a new and simple one-pan meal in your life? Mexican Rice with Ground Beef is a quick dish to throw together any night of the week.
- 2 cups white rice
- 3 cups bone broth or organic beef broth
- 1 cup fresh or fermented salsa recipe here
- 1 cup pinto beans soaked and cooked (or canned/jarred pinto beans)
- 1-2 cups leftover roast beef or stew meat browned ground beef also works
- 1 tsp southwest style seasoning OR homemade taco seasoning recipe here
- Garnish: chopped green onion sour cream
In a large skillet, add the rice, broth, salsa, beans, beef, and seasoning. Bring to boiling on medium heat, stirring frequently.
Cover and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Stir once, cover and reduce heat to low.
Simmer on low for 20-25 minutes until rice is done and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve warm with fresh sour cream and chopped green peppers as a garnish.