How to Detox Your Body Naturally
Your body is subjected to toxins on a daily basis from a variety of sources, including the environment, unhealthy foods and drinks, and poor metabolism. All of these sources cause toxins to build up in the body. While your body does try to detox itself, you can boost its ability by learning how to detox your body naturally.
Replace Soda and Coffee with Detoxing Drinks
Detox doesn't have to be complicated. One of the most important things you can do for your body is to stop drinking soda, coffee, and other beverages. Replace them with water with lemon, lime, or grapefruit juice added, or try any one of these 20 delicious detox water recipes.
Afraid of withdrawals if you quit soda cold turkey? Try this method by Dr. Oz:
- Go sugar-free for one week
- Go caffeine-free for the second week
- Cut your consumption by 50% for the third week
- Go soda-free for the fourth week
Apple Cider Vinegar Cleanse
Do you experience gas, bloating, constipation, headaches, body aches, fatigue, acne, bad breath, or body odor? If so, it's probably time for a cleanse. Why not try an apple cider vinegar cleanse?
Apple cider vinegar has a myriad of health benefits and is full of antioxidants that help to detoxify the body, including catechin, gallic acid, caffeic and chlorogenic acids. Acetic acid is an especially helpful antioxidant found in apple cider vinegar that boosts absorption of minerals found in food.
Try this apple cider vinegar detox drink.
Exfoliate Your Skin
Toxins from the environment tend to build upon the skin. Improving circulation of the skin also improves your body's ability to detox itself. There is a reason why exfoliation was a regular practice (and still is) in many ancient cultures, especially Asian cultures.
An easy way to naturally detox your body is to start a regular skin exfoliation routine. Follow it up with a natural skincare routine to keep your skin radiant and beautiful.
Visit the Sauna
If you have access to a sauna, they can be a wonderful benefit to your health overall. In addition to improving circulation, cleansing the skin, and helping the body to kill off harmful organisms, sauna's are great at purifying your body of toxins.
Just be careful to heed any warnings and avoid sauna use if you have a serious injury, fever, or inflammation. Do not drink alcohol or eat a heavy meal before using the sauna. You should also contact your doctor before using a sauna if you have any kind of serious medical condition.
Exercise improves blood circulation and improves lymph system function. Getting regular exercise can also improve your digestion, reduce tension, and lubricate joints. It's been proven that people who exercise regularly have fewer toxins in their systems than those that do not.
You can pick any kind of exercise that you enjoy! Any movement is better than no movement. Try yoga, walking, or other low-impact forms of exercise if you're out of practice or have other health issues that impede your ability to exercise.
Add Naturally Detoxifying Foods to Your Diet
When you think of detoxing, you probably don't think of eating things as a form of detox. However, what you eat in your daily diet has a huge impact on your body's ability to detox. Eating more detoxifying foods means that you also eat less unhealthy and toxic foods.
Here are some detoxifying foods to add to your diet:
- Fruits – they are high in antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and nutrients. They are also high in liquid-content, helping you avoid dehydration.
- Green foods – Chlorophyll in green foods rids the body of harmful environmental toxins and aid the liver in detoxification.
- Garlic helps stimulate the liver into producing detoxification enzymes that help filter toxic residues from the digestive system.
- Omega-3 oils – Hemp, avocado, olive, or flax seed oil help lubricate the intestinal walls, absorbing and eliminating toxins from the body.
Slow, Steady Change
There are many “detox” diets out there and “cleanse” methods that put you on a regimen for anywhere from two days to 4 weeks. However, the best thing you can do for your body is to make slow, steady changes to your diet and lifestyle that will foster an ongoing detoxifying effect for your body.
A few days of cleansing are not going to undo years of unhealthy living. However, changing your lifestyle will have an impact on the rest of your life!
- Simple Rules for Growing Your Pinterest Account and Traffic in 2020 - March 10, 2020
- How Millennial Entrepreneurs Can Create Tech-Friendly Workplaces - January 23, 2020
- How I Landed My First Long-Term Freelance Gig (And How You Can Do the Same) - January 11, 2020