44 Homemade Natural Cleaning Products & Recipes
Are you one of the many people who are starting to wise up to the health dangers and environmental dangers of commercial cleaners?
Take Lysol spray for example, which has been linked to respiratory problems and who's advertising promotes dangerous and irresponsible use of the product. Learn more in my post about the Misuse of Lysol Spray.
But one of the best things about becoming aware of these dangers is that you are opened to the world of natural cleaning, which is much healthier and can be much cheaper as well.
But, I know that many of you enjoy having a specific recipe for making your homemade cleaning products. So, I've compiled this massive list for you in an effort to give you access to just about any kind of natural household cleaning product you could ever want!
General/Whole House Cleaners
1. Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner – GNOWFGLINS
2. Lemon and Lavender Multipurpose Cleaner – Real Food RN
3. Orange Peel Vinegar Cleaner – Green Talk
4. DIY Lavender Infused Vinegar Household Cleaning Spray – My Healthy Green Family
5. Non Toxic Citrus Dusting Spray – Scratch Mommy
6. Homemade Dusting Spray and Wood Polish – Nourishing Joy
7. Streak Free Window, Glass, and Stainless Steel Cleaner – Health Starts in the Kitchen
8. All Natural Floor Cleaner – Hollywood Homestead
9. Abrasive Cleaning Powder (Made from Eggshells) – Real Food RN
10. DIY Screen Cleaner – Brown Thumb Mama
11. Homemade Natural Steam Cleaner Solution – Whole Food Mom on a Budget
12. Homemade Non-Toxic Bleach – Nourishing Joy
13. Foaming Hand Soap from Bar Soap – What's That Smell?
14. DIY Disinfecting Cloth Wipes – Red and Honey
15. DIY Fruit and Veggie Wash – MIX Wellness Solutions for a Balanced Life
+ My recipe for DIY Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
16. Homemade Dishwasher Detergent (Without Borax) – Real Food RN
17. Dishwasher Rinse – Whole New Mom
18. Non-Toxic Glass Stovetop Cleaner – Good Girl Gone Green
19. Natural Stove Cleaners – Common Sense Homesteading
20. DIY Non-Toxic Kitchen Cleanser – Nourishing Joy
21. How to Naturally Clean a Cutting Board – Live Simply
22. Homemade Daily Shower Spray – Good Girl Gone Green
23. Disinfecting Toilet Bowl Cleaner – Growing Up Herbal
24. How to Remove Hard Water Buildup – Common Sense Homesteading
25. Homemade Bathtub Scrub – Nourishing Joy
26. DIY Nontoxic Bathtub Scrub Cleaner – Good Girl Gone Green
For the Laundry
27. Easy Homemade Powdered Laundry Detergent – What's That Smell?
28. Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap – Live Simply
29. Homemade Borax Free Laundry Detergent – My Healthy Green Family
30. Non Toxic Bleach Alternative – Real Food Whole Health
31. DIY Washing Soda – It Takes Time
32. Homemade Scented Fabric Softener and Dryer Sheets – DIY Natural
33. Homemade Dryer Sheets – Live Renewed
34. Homemade Fabric Softener – Stacy Makes Cents
35. How to Make Wool Dryer Balls – Healthy Living How To
36. Homemade Air Freshener Spray – Thank Your Body
37. Homemade Natural Febreze – Brown Thumb Mama
38. 14 Ways to Freshen Your Home Naturally – Natural Family Today
39. Simple Carpet Freshener – Smithspirations
DIY Cleaning Supplies
~ Ingredients ~
The great thing about natural cleaners is that most of the ingredients that you need can be found at your local grocery or department store. However, what you cannot find locally can be bought online.
Here are some of my favorite resources for buying ingredients to make my homemade cleaning products…
- Essential Oils – I buy from Mountain Rose Herbs or Plant Therapy.
- Castile Soap
- Real Salt
- Washing Soda and Borax
~ DIY Natural Cleaning Books ~
If you are interested in more in-depth information about making your own cleaning products, plus more recipes, I recommend the following books on the subject:
~ DIY Nontoxic Cleaning Recipes ~
I highly recommend DIY Nontoxic Cleaning by Mommypotamus.
- The 7 Money-Saving Strategies Every Parent Needs to Know - August 23, 2020
- 5 Tips for Successful Online Dating - August 23, 2020
- Becoming an Online Counselor: The Pros and Credentials Needed - August 13, 2020