Natural Fruit Fly Trap – DIY Recipe
With summer fruits and vegetables comes…. fruit flies. Ugh! But forget about buying those nasty looking commercial fruit fly traps. You can make your own natural fruit fly trap in minutes that is easy and super effective.
All you need are a few common household ingredients. Chances are you that you already have these on hand, but if not, they are available at any supermarket.
What You Need:
If you don't have a small glass bowl, a small glass jar or even a plastic bowl is fine since you won't be eating from it (at least I hope not).
I like to use a dish soap that has kind of a fruity smell to it. This helps to attract the fruit flies even more.
Directions for Making a DIY Natural Fruit Fly Trap
Once you have gathered all of your supplies, it's time to make your fruit fly trap!
1. Fill your container with about a 1/4 inch of apple cider vinegar. The amount is not as important as having enough for the fruit flies to land in. It doesn't have to be a lot, so don't waste too much of your apple cider vinegar on this. The apple cider vinegar is what attracts the fruit flies.
3. Set on your counter and let it work it's magic! You can set this trap out at any time. Set it overnight and you should catch plenty of fruit flies. Since we eat a lot of produce, we just keep the trap on our counter all the time. We dump it and refill it once a week or so.
Discussion: Do you have a problem with fruit flies?
More Natural Household Recipes from Around the Web:
- Natural, Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
- How to Clean Your Oven Naturally
- DIY Natural Kids Cleaning Kit + FREE Printable Chart
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- How to Get Into Ketosis in 24 Hours: 6 Methods that Actually Work - March 14, 2019
- 4 Keys to Successful Breastfeeding After Surgery - March 6, 2019
- Options for Maternity Clothing - March 4, 2019