Easy Real Food Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese
As I do with most recipes, I tweaked this one to suit our tastes.
Sometimes I'll add in veggies or meat, usually cooking the veggies with the noodles. I also double this recipe for a family meal, and sometimes mix different cheese for different flavors.
I hope you enjoy! If you try this, let me know in the comments how it turned out.
- 12-16oz box of macaroni noodles (organic, whole wheat, or gluten free)
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Approximately 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and Pepper
- In a pot, boil the pasta in water until cooked to your desired softness. Drain the pasta and return it to the pan, setting the pan on a hot pad on your counter top.
- Stir in the butter until melted. Dump in milk, then cheese all at once. Stir until cheese is melted and evenly coating the macaroni. If desired, add a bit more milk for creaminess.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Do you ever make homemade macaroni and cheese?
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- Book Review of The Birth House by Ami McKay - January 18, 2019
- Book Review of Birth Matters: A Midwife's Manifesta - January 18, 2019
- Flying During Pregnancy: Comfort and Safety Tips - January 18, 2019