Low-Calorie Apple Flax Seed Muffins
Muffins are a widely enjoyed breakfast or snack option, but unfortunately, many of the traditional muffin recipes are packed with high calories and sugar. If you're on the hunt for a healthier muffin alternative, then these Low-Calorie Apple Flax Seed Muffins are definitely worth trying.
This recipe combines the natural sweetness of apples with the nutritional benefits of flaxseed to create a delectable and nourishing muffin that's also low in calories and sugar. In this article, we'll provide you with the recipe for making these Apple Flax Seed Muffins, along with some helpful tips to ensure your muffins turn out perfectly every time.
Why Choose Apple Flax Seed Muffins?
Indulging in sweet treats like muffins can be tempting, but most of them are high in sugar and calories. Luckily, with Apple Flax Seed Muffins, you can satisfy your cravings guilt-free. These muffins are made using whole grain flour, ground flaxseed, unsweetened applesauce, and honey instead of sugar, which makes them a healthier alternative to regular muffins.
Flaxseed is a superfood that's loaded with nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and lignans, which have anti-cancer properties. Apples are also an excellent addition to these muffins, providing natural sweetness along with fiber and vitamin C.
Aside from being nutritious, these Apple Flax Seed Muffins are also incredibly delicious. With a hint of cinnamon and chunks of apple, they have a warm and cozy flavor perfect for the fall season. They're also easy to make and can be enjoyed as a quick breakfast or snack on the go.
Low-Calorie Apple Flax Seed Muffins Recipe
Here's what you've been waiting for… the recipe for Low-Calorie Apple Flax Seed Muffins!
Low-Calorie Apple Flax Seed Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium apple peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the applesauce, almond milk, honey, coconut oil, and egg until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped apple.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious and low calorie Apple Flax Seed Muffins!
- Calories: 132
- Total Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 115mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17.2g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7g
- Total Sugars: 10.8g
- Protein: 2.3g
Tips for Making the Perfect Batch of Muffins
Now that you have the recipe for Apple Flax Seed Muffins, here are some tips for making the perfect batch of muffins:
- Opt for whole grain flour: Whole grain flour is a healthier option than refined flour, as it contains more fiber and nutrients that can help you feel fuller for longer.
- Choose ground flaxseed: Ground flaxseed is easier for your body to digest and absorb than whole flaxseed. It's also a great source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Use unsweetened applesauce: Replacing sugar with unsweetened applesauce can help reduce the amount of added sugar in the recipe. Plus, it adds a natural sweetness and moisture to the muffins.
- Use non-stick muffin tins or liners: To prevent the muffins from sticking to the pan, use non-stick muffin tins or muffin liners.
- Don't overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can make the muffins tough. Mix the wet and dry ingredients until they are just combined.
- Fold in the chopped apple: Fold the chopped apple into the batter at the end of the mixing process to distribute it evenly throughout the batter.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full: Avoid overfilling the muffin cups, as this can cause the muffins to overflow and bake unevenly. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full.
To avoid crumbling, allow the muffins to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing them.
Apple Flax Seed Muffins are a great breakfast or snack option that is both delicious and nutritious. These muffins are low in calories and sugar and easy to make. By using whole grain flour, ground flaxseed, unsweetened applesauce, and honey instead of sugar, you can enjoy a healthier alternative to traditional muffins.
Why not try this recipe and savor a tasty and nutritious muffin that won't sabotage your healthy eating goals?
- How to Enter the Fifth Dimension: A Guide to Spiritual Awakening - June 4, 2023
- Parallel Parenting vs. Co-Parenting: Understanding the Key Differences - May 21, 2023
- Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding - May 8, 2023