Easy Real Food Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese
This week, I'm sharing a family favorite in my house. We have always loved macaroni and cheese but usually relied on the boxed version before we switched to eating a real food diet.
When we finally made the switch, one of the first things I was on the lookout for was a quick and easy whole food macaroni and cheese recipe that my kids would love.
As I do with most recipes, I tweaked this one to suit our tastes.
Sometimes I'll add in veggies or meat, usually cooking the veggies with the noodles. I also double this recipe for a family meal and sometimes mix different cheese for different flavors.
I hope you enjoy! If you try this, let me know in the comments how it turned out.
Easy Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese
You can add veggies or meat to this easy stovetop macaroni and cheese, cooking the veggies with the noodles. You can also double this recipe for a family meal and mix in different cheese for different flavors.
Servings 9 1/2 cup
- 12-16 oz box of macaroni noodles organic, whole wheat, or gluten free
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Approximately 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and Pepper
- In a pot, boil the pasta in water until cooked to your desired softness. Drain the pasta and return it to the pan, setting the pan on a hot pad on your countertop.
- Stir in the butter until melted. Dump in milk, then cheese all at once. Stir until cheese is melted and evenly coating the macaroni. If desired, add a bit more milk for creaminess.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Do you ever make homemade macaroni and cheese?
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt, PLMHP, MS (see all)
- 7 Tips for Taking Better Cell Phone Photos - May 21, 2022
- Must-Haves for a Modern Website - February 3, 2022
- 3 Ways to Take Time for Yourself During Pregnancy - January 31, 2022