Easy Vegan Coleslaw Recipe (No Mayo)
Just because you gave up mayonnaise, doesn't mean you have to give up eating creamy, delicious coleslaw during the bbq season. This vegan coleslaw recipe takes just minutes to make.
Plus you won't have to announce it as a “vegan” option at your summertime gatherings. Why? Because nobody will notice. They'll be too busy scarfing it down!
Tips for Making Easy Vegan Coleslaw
Many vegan coleslaw recipes start by having you make your own vegan mayonnaise or call for store-bought vegan mayonnaise. I wanted to simplify the process of making this recipe for those who don't make vegan mayo on a regular basis and/or don't have access to store-bought vegan mayo in their area (like me).
So, I made the dressing quick and easy. Just whip it up in a small bowl until well combined. Then, add it to the coleslaw mix, toss thoroughly, and enjoy!
This vegan coleslaw is best when served fresh. Ideally, you should make and serve this coleslaw immediately. If you plan on transporting the coleslaw to a get-together or picnic, keep it cold at all times.
Alternately, you can make the coleslaw dressing ahead of time, store in the refrigerator, and dress the coleslaw mix immediately before serving.
Leftovers may be kept for a couple of days in the refrigerator.
This recipe is equally enjoyable for those who focus on a plant-based diet and those who don't. But the best part about this recipe is how packed full of nutrition it is.
Not only is it a decent source of protein (3.4g) and fiber (2.4g), it packs it's biggest nutritional punch being a significant source of iron, at a whopping 24% of your daily iron needs per serving.
Print the Recipe!
Easy Vegan Coleslaw
- Put the coleslaw mix into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the mix, stirring until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Simple Rules for Growing Your Pinterest Account and Traffic in 2020 - March 10, 2020
- How Millennial Entrepreneurs Can Create Tech-Friendly Workplaces - January 23, 2020
- How I Landed My First Long-Term Freelance Gig (And How You Can Do the Same) - January 11, 2020