2 Ingredient Fruit and Nut Energy Bites
What are Fruit and Nut Energy Bites?
If you have a food processor, these fruit and nut energy bites are really easy to make. My kids are not big fans of dried fruit, but they will usually eat these if I make them.
If you've ever heard of “larabars”, these are a similar concept. It's just dried fruit and nuts, which makes it a healthy “energy” bar with a good mix of natural sugars and protein.
This is a great way to get some essential vitamins and minerals in, especially with the nuts.
Fruit and Nut Energy Bites Recipe
My basic recipe consists of only raisins and almonds. Think of the raisins as the “glue” to this recipe. You can sub for almost any kind of nuts and/or dried fruit.
I would stay away from walnuts as they are a bit too oily. If you are unsure if a certain kind of dried fruit is sticky enough, sub half of the raisins for a different kind of dried fruit.
Fruit and Nut Energy Bites
- 1 cup raisins get it here
- 1 cup almonds sliced or pieces (get it here)
- In a food processor, add the almonds and process into very small pieces. Add the raisins and pulse until the nuts and raisins begin to form together. It should look kind of like one sticky ball.
- Press pieces of the mixture into silicon molds. If you don't have any molds, press the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Cover and put in the fridge overnight.
- When solid, remove the bites from the mold or cut into bite-size bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- How to Get Into Ketosis in 24 Hours: 6 Methods that Actually Work - March 14, 2019
- 4 Keys to Successful Breastfeeding After Surgery - March 6, 2019
- Options for Maternity Clothing - March 4, 2019