Garlic and Green Pepper Hummus
Hummus is a very popular dip that originates from the Middle East. It is often served as an appetizer with pita bread or pita chips. It can also be served with vegetables and whole grains.
Hummus is made from chickpeas and is an excellent source of protein. There are an endless number of options for making hummus, so it's easy to make a dip that will appeal to all ages.
I adapted this Hummus recipe from several Red Pepper Hummus recipes, because red pepper can sometimes be harder to find and more expensive than green peppers. You can certainly make this recipe with any variety of pepper or onion.
This recipe also takes advantage of the healing properties of garlic, and may help fight off a cold or infection.
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 cups pre-cooked or 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the bell pepper and garlic.
- In a blender of food processor, blend chickpeas, oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Transfer dip to a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste, stirring with a spoon.
- Serve as a dip with vegetables, pita bread, pita chips, etc.