Spiced Applesauce Honey Nut Bread Recipe
A bonus for today's baking was a beautiful jar of unprocessed local honey. Who can resist this kind of honey when one loves to bake?
Spicing things up some with fresh ground cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg and some homemade vanilla extract made the whole experience pop with that warm and cozy feeling.
Now is the time to load up on all the in-season crispy apples! Simply peel, chop and cook them until tender on medium heat for the best applesauce experience. All that is left is to mash them.
The applesauce is what adds all the delicious moisture to the bread and replaces using so much butter.
With this bread recipe, you will be using bananas too! I think you're going to love it!
Spiced Applesauce Honey Nut Bread
- 1 1/3cupunbleached organic bread flour
- 2/3cupwhole wheat organic flour
- 1/2tsp.sea salt
- 1tsp.baking soda
- 1/2tsp.freshly ground cinnamon
- 2Tbsp.unsalted buttersoftened
- 1/2cuporganic raw pure cane sugar
- 1/2cuppure honey
- 1/4cuporganic applesauce
- 2large well ripened mashed bananas
- 1tsp.pure vanilla extract
- 1/4cupcrushed nutswalnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Measure out all of the dry ingredients and whisk together really good. (Except the nuts) Save them for last. Set bowl aside.
- Next, mash the bananas and measure out all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Blend on medium with your mixer until well combined.
- Add all the blended wet ingredients to the whisked dry ingredients. Mix on medium-low speed until well combined. Stir in the nuts.
- Pour batter into a bread loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake on 325 for 60 to 75 minutes. Check frequently after the first 60 minutes by testing with a toothpick. When it comes out clean it is finished.
- Take it out of the oven and let cool. Not all the way through if you want to eat a warm slice as I did. The parchment paper allows you to lift the bread up out of the pan easily and keeps the pan clean too!