Use up the leftover rice in your fridge by making it into a quick and easy breakfast or lunch.
Eggie rice cups are simple. All of the ingredients can be tossed together in minutes and cooked to perfection in the oven.
Best of all, you can mix and match the ingredients to fit your tastes. Add a little less rice and some chopped fresh veggies, or use a different kind of cheese.
You can use any kind of cooked rice for this dish, including brown rice or white rice. Are you worried about eating white rice? Find out why I eat white rice and not brown rice.
Eggie Rice Cups
- 3 cups rice cooked
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- your favorite herbs and spices get it here
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tin.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the cooked rice, cheese, and your chosen herbs and spices to the bowl and combine everything well.
- Dish out the mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.