Non GMO Popcorn
If you've been at all informed of the trend toward GMO corn in our nation, you may be wondering if you can still enjoy popcorn as a snack without worrying if it comes from genetically modified organisms. After all, about 90% of all corn in the US is grown from genetically modified seed.
However, only a small percentage of genetically modified corn is sold as popping corn. I actually found non-GMO labeling on a package of ConAgra popcorn. ConAgra is well-known for it's GMO corn products, so I was surprised to find that their popcorn was not genetically modified.
However, if I can help it, I won't support ConAgra foods on the basis that most of their corn products are indeed genetically modified. I want to support companies that seek to exclusively plant non-GMO crops.
Which Brand of Popcorn is Non GMO?
So, what are some good non-GMO popcorn brands? Well, the good news is there are several.
Here are a few non-GMO popcorn brands:
- Amish Country Popcorn
- Arrowhead Mills Organic Popcorn
- Eden Organic Yellow Popcorn
- Quinn Popcorn: Microwave Popcorn Reinvented
- Mushroom Popcorn Kernels
- Popcorn Indiana Gourmet Original Popcorn Kettlecorn Popped
- Tiny But Mighty Heirloom Popcorn
What non-GMO popcorn brands have you found?
- How to Use Sacred Cacao Ceremony for Self-Healing - May 1, 2021
- Nervous System Healing: 4 Therapies to Jumpstart Healing - April 25, 2021
- What is the Connection between Physical, Mental and Spiritual Health? - April 24, 2021