Looking for something savory and crunchy that fits within your keto lifestyle? I have the best low carb tortilla chips recipe that is just the answer!
These are enough to satisfy your craving for something crunchy but low enough in carbs to have as a snack almost any day. They’re also ridiculously easy to make and full of healthy fats.
It's not really a recipe as much as it is a method to make delicious homemade tortilla chips. All you need to do is find your favorite oil to use (I prefer coconut oil) and your favorite low carb tortilla brand, and go from there.
Which Low Carb Tortillas Should I Use?
Depending on your grocery store, there are several options for low carb tortillas to use for your low carb tortilla chips.
My favorite brand is Mission low carb tortillas, which contain 6 net carbs per tortilla for the white flour version. The whole wheat version is even lower in carbs. Mama Lupe brand also makes a good low carb tortilla. Just looks for low carb tortillas in the tortilla section of your grocery store.
The Best Low Carb Tortilla Chips: Baked
- Low carb tortillas
- Healthy oil coconut oil, butter, or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Cut each tortilla into chip-sized wedges and arrange in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Brush each tortilla piece lightly with oil
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. Flip each chip with tongs, sprinkle with salt, and bake for another 5-6 minutes or until the chips are crisp, but not too brown. Serve with salsas, garnishes or guacamole.
What to Serve the Best Low Carb Tortilla Chips With:
Low carb condiment options include low carb salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and full-fat ranch. You can even make these into a delicious plate of low carb nachos!
Do you have any ideas for other low carb chip condiments?