18 Best Healthy “Real Food” Smoothie Recipes
Tired of the same old smoothie recipes?
Well, you've come to the right place, because I've gathered 18 of my favorite healthy smoothie recipes from around the web.
The best part is that they are all “real food” recipes, so you don't have to worry about weeding through recipes with unhealthy ingredients.
What is a “real food” smoothie?
- They are naturally sweetened
- Contain no processed ingredients
Tips for Making a Great Smoothie
Before we get to the recipes, I wanted to share some tips with you for making a great smoothie every time.
Firstly, know that these recipes are just a jumping off point for learning how to make your own great smoothie recipes. Smoothies are incredibly easy to customize, so feel free to try out your own ingredients.
You can start by trying some of these nourishing smoothie add-ins from Scratch Mommy.
Favorite Smoothie-Making Accessories:
- Mason jar mugs (get them here)
- Stainless steel straws (get them here)
- Quality Blender (I use the Ninja, but if you want top-knotch, go for the Vitamix)
Top 5 Smoothie Tricks:
5. Rinse out your blender immediately so you don't have to scrub it later.
4. Add plain yogurt, oatmeal or peanut butter to turn your smoothie into a meal and a complete protein source.
3. Use frozen fruit instead of ice. It's quick and filling.
2. Add broccoli, spinach, or kale. You'll add vital nutrients and you won't even taste it!
1. Layer the softest ingredients (banana) to hardest (frozen), add the liquid last.
1. Sesame Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Have a milkshake without the dairy! Instead of milk, this smoothie is made with coconut water and dairy free chocolate chips.
Try this Sesame Chocolate Chip Smoothie from Raias Recipes.
2. Nourishing Fruit Smoothie
3. Melon-Lime Smoothie
Get the perfect taste of summer with this Melon-Lime Smoothie from Healing Cuisine by Elise. Plus it's Core Plan approved!
4. Berry Coconut Breakfast Smoothie
Another great smoothie recipe from Healing Cuisine by Elise. This protein rich Breakfast Smoothie is made with berries and coconut. It's sure to get you kick-started in the morning!
5. Cranberry Ginger Smoothie
This smoothie is a powerhouse of nutrients and vitamins, including a punch of vitamin C. It's perfect for kicking a cold or keeping on away during the cold and flu season.
Try out the Cranberry Ginger Smoothie from A Happy Healthnut.
6. Carrot Smoothie
Boost your health with this Carrot Smoothie. It has a slightly “fall” feeling to it, which makes it perfect for the time of year when Carrots are in season. Recipe from Cinnamon Eats.
7. Blueberry-Banana Green Tea Smoothie
Don't like the taste of green tea straight? Harness the health benefits of green tea in a smoothie!
Check out the Blueberry-Banana Green Tea Smoothie by The Humbled Homemaker.
8. Green Smoothie
This simple Green Smoothie recipe from Green Eggs and Goats will help you get started eating your greens on a regular basis – a great first step toward healthy living.
9. Spiced Persimmon Smoothie
If you've ever come across Persimmons and wondered what you can do with them, here's one option. You can freeze them after harvest and save them up for a Spiced Persimmon Smoothie. Recipe courtesy of Fresh Bites Daily.
10. Berry Yummy Smoothie
Berry smoothies are a kid favorite. This Berry Yummy Smoothie is an easy way to introduce smoothies to your kids.
11. Peach & Mango Frappe
Here's a unique smoothie recipe for you: Peach Mango Frappe – made with crushed ice so it doesn't have that milky taste to it. Recipe from Homemade Healthy Happy.
12. Beet-Strawberry Smoothie
You said you'd never eat beets, but what if they were masked in a smoothie? This Beet-Strawberry Smoothie from Live Simply is a clever way to get your family to eat their beets, without even knowing it.
13. Spinach Cardamom Smoothie
Let My Heart Beets show you how spices can transform a smoothie from “just fruit” into something special. Try it out with this Spinach Cardamom Smoothie.
14. Tropical Smoothie
You would never know that this smoothie has greens in it. Head to the tropics (with plenty of nutrients) with this Tropical Smoothie by Family Gone Healthy.
15. High Protein Gingerbread Smoothie
This smoothie tastes like the holidays, but it packs a nutritional punch with lots of healthy protein and nutrients. Try the Gingerbread Smoothie from Don't Waste the Crumbs.
16. Strawberry Milkshake Smoothie
Turn your milkshake into a healthy one with this Strawberry Milkshake Smoothie from Live Simply.
17. Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
Here's another variation on a “green smoothie”, only this one uses gelatin and raw honey to add to the nutrients in the smoothie, plus yogurt for probiotics. Try the Strawberry Spinach Smoothie from Real Food Outlaws.
18. Almond Banana Smoothie
This Almond Banana Smoothie by Cinnamon Eats is simple but delicious and incorporates greens for added vitamins and nutrients.
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- Book Review of The Birth House by Ami McKay - January 18, 2019
- Book Review of Birth Matters: A Midwife's Manifesta - January 18, 2019
- Flying During Pregnancy: Comfort and Safety Tips - January 18, 2019