Egg Casserole Bites
My family loves eggs. We typically consider it “running low” when we are down to 2 cartons of eggs. The thing I love about eggs is that they are packed with healthy protein, which fills little tummies and helps keep blood sugar levels stable.
I realize that this meal looks more like a breakfast menu than a dinner menu. You can certainly make this for breakfast if you want. We prefer it for our evening meal. There are usually plenty of leftovers to save for breakfast or for lunch the next day (think lunch box food!)
Perfectly portioned for everyone in the family, this recipe for bite-sized casserole is appealing to kids. They love the shape and size! I finished off the meal with some bacon (also made in the oven.)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 dozen eggs
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Saute the onion in the olive oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the ground beef to the pan and brown it.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tin. Whip the eggs well. Add the broccoli, cheese, and beef mixture when it's done. Mix well.
- Use a measuring cup to scoop the mixture into the muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin.
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- Genetic Screening During Pregnancy - February 16, 2019
- Dollar Store Fidgets and Sensory Toy Ideas for Kids with Autism - February 16, 2019
- Why Women Pull Away: What She's Really Trying to Communicate - February 10, 2019