Homemade Gingerbread Playdough Recipe
Every kid loves playdough right? And though the bright colored variety is fun, this gingerbread playdough is a favorite at my house during the holidays.
If you've never made your own playdough, I think it's time you find out just how easy it is.
Hint: It's super easy!
All you need are a few basic kitchen tools, some basic ingredients, and a few minutes. The cleanup is easy, too.
Don't Have All the Spices Handy?
When choosing a “flavor” of playdough to make, my rule is to use whatever I have on hand. Other than the basic ingredients needed to make the playdough “base”, don't worry about the rest.
Basic Playdough Ingredients:
- Cream of tartar
If you don't have all of the spices listed, don't worry. Other spices you have on hand will do just fine.
Nobody will be eating the playdough (I hope) so the spices are just to make the playdough look and smell like gingerbread.
Holiday Spices to Try:
And now for the recipe…
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium saucepan. Add the water and oil and mix well.
- Put over medium heat and stir consistently with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes a stiff dough.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Scrape the dough together into a ball and leave in the pan to cool.
- Store in an airtight container. Refrigerating the dough can help it keep longer.
How to Give Gingerbread Playdough as a Gift
I love giving this playdough as a gift. It's simple, easy, and sure to be a hit with the little ones, including nieces, nephews, grandkids, etc.
My favorite thing to include with gingerbread playdough as a gift is a gingerbread man cookie cutter. Now your recipient will have everything they need to have hours of fun “baking” the perfect cookies!
Are you making homemade playdough for your kids or as a gift?
- A Guide to Creating Your Instagram Strategy - May 19, 2020
- Simple Rules for Growing Your Pinterest Account and Traffic in 2020 - March 10, 2020
- How Millennial Entrepreneurs Can Create Tech-Friendly Workplaces - January 23, 2020