Probiotic Ranch Dressing
I'm always looking for quick and healthy recipes to replace store-bought condiments in our fridge. One of the main staples in our house has always been ranch because my husband loves it so much.
I was a little nervous to try homemade ranch, though. My husband can also be a bit picky about trying “new” foods. I figured I had nothing to lose by trying. So far he had actually liked many of the healthier versions of food better than the store bought version, probably because of their unmatched freshness.
In short, this probiotic ranch recipe was a huge hit with my husband and my entire family. I love it, too.
I never thought I'd be saying that you can actually make healthy ranch dressing!
A Few Notes:
- The thicker the yogurt, the thicker your ranch will be. Keep this in mind when straining your own yogurt to make this recipe. (find out how to make homemade yogurt here.)
- If this recipe doesn't taste “ranchy” enough for you, add more onion powder. The onion powder is what gives it that distinct ranch taste.
Here's how to make it:
- 1 cup plain yogurt, strained, preferably homemade (recipe here)
- 1 Tbsp onion powder (get it here)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp dried parsley (get it here)
- 2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt (get it here)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add the yogurt to a glass jar like a mason jar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the yogurt and mix well with a spoon. Taste test. Add more onion powder to reach desired taste.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Use on salads, as a dip for vegetables, etc.
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- Book Review of The Birth House by Ami McKay - January 18, 2019
- Book Review of Birth Matters: A Midwife's Manifesta - January 18, 2019
- Flying During Pregnancy: Comfort and Safety Tips - January 18, 2019