The Simple Pleasures of Pregnancy
It's easy to get lost in all of the excitement of a new pregnancy; Between the doctor's visits, the announcements, and the preparations for baby's arrival, it would be a shame to miss out on all of the simple pleasures of pregnancy.
This is such a brief snapshot of your life; One that deserves to be remembered and treasured for years to come. Here are some ideas to help you enjoy your pregnancy for the miraculous event that it is.
Time for Reflection
Pregnancy in our modern day culture often means an overload of information and advice. Don't make the mistake of spending all of your time reading, studying, and worrying about your pregnancy. Take time away from all of the books, articles, and well-meaning friends and family members to spend some time in reflection.
Here are some ideas of what to do during this time:
- Explore your feelings about this pregnancy and freely express your emotions.
- Allow yourself time to process the information that you have acquired. Sometimes making a decision about pregnancy, birth, or parenthood takes a little more than head knowledge.
- Listen to your body and your baby.
- Renew your spirit and take time to reflect on your beliefs, religion, and/or spirituality.
Getting to Know Your Baby
Did you know that you can spend time with your baby even before he or she is born? It's therapeutic for you and some professionals believe that it's good for your baby as well. There are lots of things that you can do to spend time with your little one:
- Talk to your baby; You may wish to do this silently and intuitively or to speak in an audible voice.
- Read to your baby.
- Sing your baby a lullaby.
Connect With Your Spouse
Don't forget the special someone who helped create this little life! Use this time to connect with your spouse and also to help your spouse connect with your baby. Encourage him to get to know your baby, feel kicks, and listen to noises coming from your belly. Share your dreams and goals with each other, and together you can make plans for baby's arrival.
Now is the best time to spend time together and strengthen your bond as a couple, before the sleepless nights and demands of a newborn.
It's these intimate little moments that you will cherish most when looking back upon your time of pregnancy. You'll be able to share these simple pleasures with your child when they are older, recalling your bond together even before they were born.
Latest posts by Vanessa Pruitt (see all)
- Feeling Baby Move: When it Happens and What if Feels Like - February 16, 2019
- Genetic Screening During Pregnancy - February 16, 2019
- Dollar Store Fidgets and Sensory Toy Ideas for Kids with Autism - February 16, 2019