How to Make Magic Reindeer Food (With Printable Cards and Poem)
Please remember to leave a treat on the table for the hardworking reindeer when you give Santa his treat. There's no doubt this is a magical combination, sure to make everyone smile. Ready to learn how to make magic reindeer food?!
It is usually the last thing we do before bed on Christmas Eve: Fill up a coffee mug with enough, and sprinkle it on the snow. By the time we woke up in the morning, it had either blown away or been eaten by the critters. Have fun!
The sparkly mixture, however, was not intended to be consumed by humans. Taking the reindeer out after Santa had been provided with milk and cookies was a special treat for the children.
This glistening oat mixture serves as a beacon for reindeer, according to the poem attached to the bag:
Sprinkle this reindeer food outside tonight
The moonlight will make it sparkle bright
As the reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home
Perhaps you already have the ingredients to make a batch of reindeer food for the special believers in your life. Even kids can make their own mixes to give as gifts.
Use sprinkles instead of true glitter to keep this “food” safe for birds and small children.
These also make great last-minute gifts for the big day. This magical mixture for sprinkling would be loved by every child.
Free Printable Magic Reindeer Food Poem Cards
Use these free printable cards to attach to your bags of magic reindeer food.
You can find more printable reindeer food cards here.
Magic Reindeer Food
- Oats raw and uncooked
- Cookie sprinkles
- Plastic baggies
- Festive holiday ribbons
- Printable tags on paper
- Place a tablespoon or two of oats into each plastic bag.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon or two of sprinkles on top.
- Use sprinkles that are iridescent or red and green; otherwise, use whatever you have. (You can even use sanding sugar used for sand tarts. Just beware: mixing red and green sugar will result in a less festive shade of brown.)
- Add a ribbon to the baggie, and shake well to mix.
- Put a ribbon through the hole in the corner of a zipper top bag.
- Write or print the poem (printed below) on a piece of paper. Children can give their friends the bag or save it to use themselves on Christmas Eve if they like.
- Sprinkle this magic reindeer food on your lawn or snow after you put out milk and cookies for Santa.
Photos by personal creations used under creative commons.
- Instant Pot Panera Mac and Cheese Recipe - March 21, 2023
- 5 Mistakes Guys Make When a Girl Pulls Away - March 16, 2023
- The Impact of Joe Rogan's Controversial Opinions - March 16, 2023