Natural Pregnancy Week 7
Pregnancy Week 7
Even though you are not “showing” yet, the hormones of pregnancy are beginning to effect your body.
Sore or tender breasts are common, especially in first time mothers, and some women will even grown a full cup size by this week. Hormones, increased blood flow, and buildup of fat tissue in the breasts are all to blame for this tenderness.
If you aren't too overcome by morning sickness, you may be experiencing some very strange food cravings or aversions. At the very least, you may notice that your taste buds just don't seem to be functioning as they used to.
As long as you are otherwise eating a healthy, balanced diet, it's okay to indulge in your cravings within moderation. That is, unless your cravings are the healthy kind! If so, eat all you want.
Your Baby's Development
Your baby is .54 inches from crown to rump, or about the size of a blueberry. Her tongue and mouth are forming, as well as her eyes and nostrils.
Aches and Pains
Are you experiencing more headaches, aches, and pains that normal? These are common complaints, even at the beginning of pregnancy, but that doesn't mean you have to suffer.
Homeopathic, herbal, and other natural pain relief methods are all good options during pregnancy. Chiropractic care is also an option.
3 Ways to Decrease Breast Discomfort
1. Wear a comfortable bra that gives you support and does not rub or irritate your nipples. Sports bras work well for this, as do soft cup bras.
2. Try a warm or cold compress. The cold can reduce swelling and numb pain, while the warmth can provide soothing relief.
3. When they hurt, avoid touching them or participating in too much activity. Rest, drink some warm herbal tea, and relax to some soothing music.
- How to Use Sacred Cacao Ceremony for Self-Healing - May 1, 2021
- Nervous System Healing: 4 Therapies to Jumpstart Healing - April 25, 2021
- What is the Connection between Physical, Mental and Spiritual Health? - April 24, 2021