Sweet and Nutty Couscous
I buy whole-wheat couscous in the bulk section at our local health food market. You can also find boxed couscous in the pasta or grains section of your supermarket.
Savory Sandwich Waffles
- 3 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons sour milk, kefir, yogurt, or kombucha
- 2 tablespoons aluminum free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon herb seasoning get it here (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, milk, sour milk (or alternative), salt, and butter. Cover and let sit on the counter top (soak) for 8-12 hours. Overnight works well.
- Heat your waffle iron.
- Mix in the eggs, baking powder, and seasoning.
- Scoop into waffle maker ½ cup at a time and cook according to your waffle maker's instructions.
- Store in an airtight container. These waffles may also be frozen in freezer containers or freezer bags.