Sweet and Nutty Couscous
I buy whole-wheat couscous in the bulk section at our local health food market. You can also find boxed couscous in the pasta or grains section of your supermarket.
Savory Sandwich Waffles
- 3 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons sour milk, kefir, yogurt, or kombucha
- 2 tablespoons aluminum free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon herb seasoning get it here (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, milk, sour milk (or alternative), salt, and butter. Cover and let sit on the counter top (soak) for 8-12 hours. Overnight works well.
- Heat your waffle iron.
- Mix in the eggs, baking powder, and seasoning.
- Scoop into waffle maker ½ cup at a time and cook according to your waffle maker's instructions.
- Store in an airtight container. These waffles may also be frozen in freezer containers or freezer bags.
Aadel has been married to her career Army man for 13 years and they have 2 daughters and a freshly made son. She is a homeschooling mom, volunteer, and online college student. Her hobbies include cooking, organic gardening, sewing, and crocheting.
Latest posts by Aadel Bussinger (see all)
- 7 Ways To Save Money On Homeschool Curriculum - January 8, 2019
- Tips for Flying with Kids: What to Bring, What to Wear, Plus Safety Tips - August 16, 2018
- Defining Education: Who Benefits from Education? - July 19, 2018